Saturday, June 07, 2008
I spoke way, way, WAY too soon
Oh the mosquitoes. It's like we're camping. The other morning I woke up at 4:30a.m. This may not be out of the ordinary for some people but it certainly is for me. Just ask Dwayne or my parents or my sisters or practically anyone else who knows me. Brutal. Dwayne woke up shortly after me and by 5:15 we decided we might as well get up seeing as we weren't going to be sleeping anyway for all of the buzzing and insect killing. There were clouds of them in the house.

We spent a fair bit of time trying to figure out where they were coming in and filling in any little gaps that we found. Then we drank a lot of coffee. Then we waited until nightfall to see if we had improved our situation.

Well. There was slight improvement but still a crazy number of mosquitoes getting into the house. Today there was more inspection and sealing up around the outside of the house. Again we have to wait.

As I am sitting here typing I am being swarmed. I think I have found the source. They seem to be coming in through a small gap above the picture window in the living room. In log homes you need to leave room above the windows and doors for settling and shrinkage of the logs. The space is filled with fiberglass insulation and covered with wood trim which seems to be fine in the cold but not enough to keep the mosquitoes out. Dwayne is spray foaming the outside of the window right now and hopefully we will see a marked improvement.

Tonight will tell. Wish me sweet, mosquito free dreams!

Labels: ,


posted at 8:56 PM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure do!
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me



Name: Jenny
I blog lately at www.chickadeemanor.com
My Complete Profile




Recent Posts
Mosquitoes, mosquitoes, and then a lot fewer mosqu...
My own domain!!
My Mad Scientist
Monday's Quotes
Poor neglected little blog
And we have power!
Fort Myth stikes again
Wood gasifier
Greenhouse
Creepy Crawlies

Blog Archives

Labels

Miscellaneous

The WeatherPixie


Links

Credits
Blog Design by:


Powered by:
Blogger

Images from:
istockphoto

Meter: